The purpose of this plan is to document spill prevention and response requirements for your facilities.
Spill Prevention and Response
The purpose of this plan is to document spill prevention and response requirements for the _____ facilities.
This procedure applies to all _____ operations. When work is performed at a client facility, the host site’s program shall take precedence, however, this document covers _____ employees and contractors and shall be used on owned premises, or when a client’s program doesn't exist or is less stringent.
3.0 SPILL PREVENTION
3.1 Container management
- All hazardous substance containers must be in good condition and compatible with the materials stored within.
- All hazardous substance containers must be accessible and spacing between containers must provide sufficient access to perform periodic inspections and respond to releases.
- Empty hazardous substance containers (drums) must have all markers and labels removed and the container marked with the word ‘empty’.
- Any spills on the exterior of the container must be cleaned immediately.
- Flammable materials stored or dispensed from drums or totes must be grounded to prevent static spark.
Subscribe to the All-Access Membership or purchase this plan a la caret to access the full contents...
Ready to Start Your Safetly Plan?
Create a Spill Prevention and Response plan for your organization in just a few show steps.